Northland Tool & Electronics repairs many types of Cincinnati spindles, including:
CINCINNATI SPINDLE REPAIR
With over 40 years of spindle rebuilding experience, the team at Northland Tool & Electronics is equipped to support any type of Cincinnati spindle repair — from milling to turning to boring, grinding, and more.
All of our Cincinnati hydrostatic grinding spindle bearings are hand-scraped before spindle assembly and adjusted to the manufacturer’s specifications. Cincinnati milling and turning spindles are tested at their operational speeds on our custom test stands and need to pass stringent quality tests before they are shipped to our customers.
Our comprehensive evaluation process ensures you receive a repair that is custom catered to your application. We will explain in detail the cause of failure and the exact scope of work needed to bring it back to OEM specifications.
Northland Tool & Electronics is BIG-PLUS® authorized, which ensures you get all the benefits of BIG-PLUS® tooling following your repair.
Types of Cincinnati Spindles Repaired
Common Cincinnati Issues
From coolant contamination to bearing failure to crashes, Northland knows that there are a variety of issues that can affect the performance of your spindle, and we’re prepared to handle them all. Some common issues that Cincinnati spindles encounter include:
- Bearing failure
- Drawbar actuation failure
- Bad stator
- Bearing housing oversized
- Damage from crash
- Rotary union failure
- Worn tapers
Spindle Repair Process
Quote & Scheduling
Assembly & Delivery
- Upon arrival, we log every spindle into our production tracking software system. Any issues associated with transit are noted.
- Our technicians carefully break down the spindle into its component parts, note their general condition as well as specific damage and perform a full dimensional inspection to identify excessive wear.
- Our production manager performs a second evaluation, during which he/she will identify the mode of failure, consult with the head of our grinding and machining department and determine recommendations for future preventative measures.
- Our purchasing department sources all replacement part costs, determines lead times and generates a quote.
- Our team gives the quote a final check and communicates it to the customer for approval.
- Following customer approval, we schedule production and order the parts needed.
- Once we receive the parts, we carefully clean them and complete any necessary grinding or machining operations.
- Our highly trained technicians assemble all spindle components and perform a rigorous break-in process. This may include dynamic balancing and thermal and vibration analysis.
- After our inspectors perform a final quality control check, our shipping department carefully boxes the spindle and returns it to the customer.
1 Year Warranty
Our competitive 1 Year Warranty policy ensures that proper workmanship and parts free of defect are used in the repairing or rebuilding of every spindle. The warranty begins as soon as the repaired spindle is shipped from Northland Tool, and is valid for a period of 12 months thereafter. We will replace any parts that prove to be defective under normal use and correct any improper workmanship at no charge to the customer. Please see our full warranty terms for more details.
Catastrophic bearing failure was the main cause of this spindle malfunction Continue reading to learn how Northland Tool performed this repair and converted a Weiss GHK 176239 spindle from grease-injected to permanent grease lubrication……Read More
Downtime is inevitable for any machine, but knowing how to reduce downtime or minimize its likelihood is critical.Read More