Hardinge GTA 1353-B Spindle Repair
Possible cause of failure:
Shaft nose has heavy rub out damage from being crashed.
Id shaft collet taper has 10-12 microns runout.
Od is very rough
Timing pulley teeth are very worn.
Front cover face has wear.
Missing the chuck alignment button retention screw.
Clean, inspect overall dimensions.
Machine front cover.
Kiss ID, face and OD taper. We will kiss the OD taper to clean up.
Replace bearings, front cover gasket, timing pulley, alignment button retention screw.
Adjust preload, balance, assemble and break in. Final quality control inspection.
- Machine Tool Spindle Bearing Lubrication: What To Know
- Delaying Spindle Service Causes More Damage, Costly Repairs
- What Does It Mean to Be a Factory Authorized Big Plus Spindle Rebuilder?
- Precision Machining in a World of Microns
- GPG: Grind-Plate-Grind Process Explained
- What Is the Spindle Repair Process?