Catastrophic bearing failure was the main cause of this spindle malfunction Continue reading to learn how Northland Tool performed this repair and converted a Weiss GHK 176239 spindle from grease-injected to permanent grease lubrication……Read More
Satisloh SPS-55 Spindle Repair
This Satisloh SPS-55 spindle is grease lubricated, coupling driven, and capable of running up to 2,000 rpm.
Our customer indicated that this Satisloh SPS-55 spindle had noisy bearings during operation. Upon closer inspection, we noted that there was a failure of all 4 seals allowing significant contamination into the bearings. The 14mm seal journal on the tail of the spindle shaft was worn and the spindle housing bore had integral outer bearing races which will need to be modified to accept standard size bearings. No other dimensional deviations were noted for this repair.
The following actions were performed on this Satisloh SPS-55 spindle:
- Clean, inspect overall dimensions
- Grind, chrome plate, and finish grind the 14mm seal journal to original spec to insure proper seal fit/function
- Machine and finish grind the bearing housing bore to accept standard high-precision bearings
- Manufacture new inner and outer bearing spacers
- Manufacture a new bearing capture spacer and ring
- Replace bearings, seals, air fittings, o-rings, and stainless steel assembly screws
After reassembly of all components, adjusting bearing preload, and undergoing break-in and testing procedures, this spindle passed our final quality inspection before being returned to our customer with a 1-year warranty.
Does your spindle need repair? GET A QUOTE TODAY