Northland Tool & Electronics repairs many types of Satisloh spindles, including:
SATISLOH SPINDLE REPAIR
With over 40 years of spindle rebuilding experience, the team at Northland Tool & Electronics can rebuild a wide range of spindles with the precision required to do the job right.
Satisloh was formed when Satis Vacuum and LOH Optical Machinery joined forces. Satisloh builds a wide variety of specialized machines used to manufacture ophthalmic lenses and precision optics. These machines use both mechanical and air bearing spindles to perform generating, grinding, and polishing operations. Many models are also multi-spindle machines.
Northland Tool & Electronics understands the unique tolerances and operating conditions of lens and optics manufacturing machines. We can guarantee a quick turnaround on your Satisloh spindle repair to get your machine back up and running in no time.
Types of Satisloh Spindles Repaired
Common Satisloh Issues
From coolant contamination to bearing failure to crashes, Northland knows that there are a variety of issues that can affect the performance of your spindle, and we’re prepared to handle them all. Some common issues that Satisloh spindles encounter include:
- Contamination from coolants, workpiece swarf, silicon carbide or aluminum oxide polishing compounds
- Internal mechanical issues
Spindle Repair Process
Quote & Scheduling
Assembly & Delivery
- Upon arrival, we log every spindle into our production tracking software system and any issues associated with transit are noted.
- Our technicians then carefully break down the spindle into its component parts, note their general condition as well as specific damage, and perform a full dimensional inspection to identify excessive wear.
- Our production manager performs a second evaluation, during which he/she will try to identify the cause of failure, consult with the head of our grinding and machining departments, and determine any recommendations for preventative measures.
- Our purchasing department sources all replacement part costs, determines lead times, and generates a quote.
- Our team gives the quote a final check and communicates it to the customer for approval.
- Following the customer’s approval, we schedule production and order any parts needed for the repair.
- We carefully clean all parts of the spindle and complete any necessary grinding or machining operations.
- Our highly trained technicians then assemble all spindle components and perform a rigorous break-in process. This includes dynamic balancing and thermal/vibration analysis.
- After our inspectors perform a final quality control check, our shipping department carefully boxes the spindle and returns it to the customer.
1 Year Warranty
Our competitive 1 Year Warranty policy ensures that proper workmanship and parts free of defect are used in the repairing or rebuilding of every spindle. The warranty begins as soon as the repaired spindle is shipped from Northland Tool, and is valid for a period of 12 months thereafter. We will replace any parts that prove to be defective under normal use and correct any improper workmanship at no charge to the customer. Please see our full warranty terms for more details.
Downtime is inevitable for any machine, but knowing how to reduce downtime or minimize its likelihood is critical.Read More