Northland Tool & Electronics repairs many types of Awea spindles, including:
AWEA SPINDE REPAIR
With over 40 years of spindle rebuilding experience, the team at Northland Tool & Electronics can rebuild a wide range of spindles with the precision required to do the job right.
Northland Tool & Electronics repairs the full line of Awea spindles. We provide our customers with the highest quality Awea spindle repair that guarantees optimal output from their Awea machines from direct-coupled, belt driven, built-in, or gear box motor spindles.
Northland Tool & Electronics is a BIG-PLUS® authorized spindle rebuilder, which makes us the only independent spindle rebuilder with the authorization, equipment, and experience to fix your BIG-PLUS® Awea spindle.
types of Awea Spindles Repaired
Common Awea Issues
From coolant contamination to bearing failure to crashes, Northland knows that there are a variety of issues that can affect the performance of your spindle, and we’re prepared to handle them all. Some common issues that Awea spindles encounter include:
- Bearing failure (very common)
- Worn tool change parts, including grippers, Belleville washers, and drawbars
- Worn taper
- Damage from crash
- Poor finish
Spindle Repair Process
Phase 2: Quote & Scheduling
Assembly & Delivery
- Upon arrival, we log every spindle into our production tracking software system and any issues associated with transit are noted.
- Our technicians then carefully break down the spindle into its component parts, note their general condition as well as specific damage, and perform a full dimensional inspection to identify excessive wear.
- Our production manager performs a second evaluation, during which he/she will try to identify the cause of failure, consult with the head of our grinding and machining departments, and determine any recommendations for preventative measures.
- Our purchasing department sources all replacement part costs, determines lead times and generates a quote.
- Following customer approval, we schedule production and order the parts needed.
- Our team gives the quote a final check and communicates it to the customer for approval.
- Once we receive the parts, we carefully clean them and complete any necessary grinding or machining operations.
- Our highly trained technicians assemble all spindle components and perform a rigorous break-in process. This may include dynamic balancing and thermal and vibration analysis.
- After our inspectors perform a final quality control check, our shipping department carefully boxes the spindle and returns it to the customer.
1 Year Warranty
Our competitive 1 Year Warranty policy ensures that proper workmanship and parts free of defect are used in the repairing or rebuilding of every spindle. The warranty begins as soon as the repaired spindle is shipped from Northland Tool, and is valid for a period of 12 months thereafter. We will replace any parts that prove to be defective under normal use and correct any improper workmanship at no charge to the customer. Please see our full warranty terms for more details.