Northland Tool & Electronics repairs many types of Blohm spindles, including:
BLOHM SPINDLE REPAIR
With over 40 years of spindle rebuilding experience, the team at Northland Tool & Electronics can rebuild a wide range of spindles with the precision required to do the job right.
Blohm grinding machines, both flat and profile, have been developed in Germany since 1924. Northland Tool & Electronics carries on Blohm’s long tradition of quality and precision in our spindle repair process. We are one of the few spindle rebuilders in the United States that performs the majority of our grinding work on site. This gives us the unique advantage of having extensive, hands-on experience with Blohm spindles — we’re familiar with their unique repair needs, so we can repair them to our customers’ expectations.
Some of the Blohm spindles we encounter have been in operation for so long that they require replacement of significantly worn parts. We can produce the necessary replacement parts in our machine shop, which is equipped specifically for this purpose.
Types of Blohm Spindles Repaired
Common Blohm Issues
From coolant contamination to bearing failure to crashes, Northland knows that there are a variety of issues that can affect the performance of your spindle, and we’re prepared to handle them all. Some common issues that Blohm spindles encounter include:
- Bearing failure (very common)
- Washed out grease
- Worn taper
- Worn shaft threads
- Worn tooling interfaces (causing poor part finish)
- Worn front nuts
- Worn labyrinths (causing bearing contamination)
Blohm Case Studies
Spindle Repair Process
Quote & Scheduling
Assembly & Delivery
- Upon arrival, we log every spindle into our production tracking software system and any issues associated with transit are noted.
- Our technicians then carefully break down the spindle into its component parts, note their general condition as well as specific damage, and perform a full dimensional inspection to identify excessive wear.
- Our production manager performs a second evaluation, during which he/she will try to identify the cause of failure, consult with the head of our grinding and machining departments, and determine any recommendations for preventative measures.
- Our purchasing department sources all replacement part costs, determines lead times and generates a quote.
- Following customer approval, we schedule production and order the parts needed.
- Our team gives the quote a final check and communicates it to the customer for approval.
- Once we receive the parts, we carefully clean them and complete any necessary grinding or machining operations.
- Our highly trained technicians assemble all spindle components and perform a rigorous break-in process. This may include dynamic balancing and thermal and vibration analysis.
- After our inspectors perform a final quality control check, our shipping department carefully boxes the spindle and returns it to the customer.
1 Year Warranty
Our competitive 1 Year Warranty policy ensures that proper workmanship and parts free of defect are used in the repairing or rebuilding of every spindle. The warranty begins as soon as the repaired spindle is shipped from Northland Tool, and is valid for a period of 12 months thereafter. We will replace any parts that prove to be defective under normal use and correct any improper workmanship at no charge to the customer. Please see our full warranty terms for more details.
Downtime is inevitable for any machine, but knowing how to reduce downtime or minimize its likelihood is critical.Read More