The Bridgeport Torq-Cut 22 is a smaller CNC vertical machining center. It comes fitted with a grease lubricated and belt driven spindle capable of running up to 7,500 rpm.Read More
KELLENBERGER SPINDLE REPAIR
With over 40 years of spindle rebuilding experience, the team at Northland Tool & Electronics is equipped to support any type of Kellenberger spindle repair.
Kellenberger began building universal grinding machines in Switzerland in 1917; today, their products are found in machine shops and manufacturing plants around the world. By the middle of the 20th century, they had begun to specialize in universal cylindrical OD/ID grinding machines. This remains their focus today, and now they are part of the Hardinge group of products. Whether your Kellenberger spindle uses ball bearings or oil film bearings, Northland Tool has the expertise to rebuild it to OEM specifications.
Northland Tool & Electronics utilizes three Kellenberger universal grinders in our spindle repair facility. Keeping our grinding capacity in-house gives us two distinct advantages over most of our competition: Not only are we able to guarantee micron tolerances, but we are able to control our work schedule to ensure the best possible turnaround time on your spindle rebuild.
Common Kellenberger Issues
From coolant contamination to bearing failure to crashes, Northland knows that there are a variety of issues that can affect the performance of your spindle, and we’re prepared to handle them all. Some common issues that Kellenberger spindles encounter include:
- Bearing failure from contamination, crashes or loss of lubrication
- Worn or damaged tapers and pilots
- Fretting and other wear of housings and bearing journals or bushings.
Spindle Repair Process
Quote & Scheduling
Assembly & Delivery
- Upon arrival, we log every spindle into our production tracking software system and any issues associated with transit are noted.
- Our technicians then carefully break down the spindle into its component parts, note their general condition as well as specific damage, and perform a full dimensional inspection to identify excessive wear.
- Our production manager performs a second evaluation, during which he/she will try to identify the cause of failure, consult with the head of our grinding and machining departments, and determine any recommendations for preventative measures.
- Our purchasing department sources all replacement part costs, determines lead times and generates a quote.
- Following customer approval, we schedule production and order the parts needed.
- Our team gives the quote a final check and communicates it to the customer for approval.
- Once we receive the parts, we carefully clean them and complete any necessary grinding or machining operations.
- Our highly trained technicians assemble all spindle components and perform a rigorous break-in process. This may include dynamic balancing and thermal and vibration analysis.
- After our inspectors perform a final quality control check, our shipping department carefully boxes the spindle and returns it to the customer.
1 Year Warranty
Our competitive 1 Year Warranty policy ensures that proper workmanship and parts free of defect are used in the repairing or rebuilding of every spindle. The warranty begins as soon as the repaired spindle is shipped from Northland Tool, and is valid for a period of 12 months thereafter. We will replace any parts that prove to be defective under normal use and correct any improper workmanship at no charge to the customer. Please see our full warranty terms for more details.
The success of any precision machinery relies heavily on various intricate components working seamlessly in unison.Read More