Catastrophic bearing failure was the main cause of this spindle malfunction Continue reading to learn how Northland Tool performed this repair and converted a Weiss GHK 176239 spindle from grease-injected to permanent grease lubrication……Read More
Okuma HF-802 Spindle Repair
The Okuma HF-802 is a CNC grinder. It comes fitted with this oil mist lubricated and stator driven spindle that is capable of running up to 60,000 rpm.
This Okuma HF-802 spindle was partially disassembled incoming. The customer provided a replacement shaft and a quill. The customer also stated that the original OEM shaft in the spindle was cracked. We confirmed that it was unusable.
The replacement shaft had several dimensional discrepancies from the original:
– The new shaft was 3mm longer overall, the extra length was in the quill pilot area.
– The front and rear journal shoulders were 100µm further from each other. (previous measurement was incorrect)
– The threads of the 6mm quill pilot ID extend into the pilot surface, we cannot measure pilot runout.
– Quill runout after assembly into the pilot was >100µm.
The following actions were performed on this Okuma HF-802 spindle:
- Clean, inspect overall dimensions
- Grind, chrome plate, and finish grind the 6mm quill pilot ID to insure good runout
- Kiss grind the front and rear journal shoulders to match the original OEM dimension and insure proper preload
- Replace bearings, o-rings, and assembly screws
- Component balance the new replacement shaft on the Schenck balancing system
After reassembly of all components, adjusting bearing preload, and undergoing break-in and testing procedures, this spindle passed our final quality inspection before being returned to our customer with a 1-year warranty.
Does your spindle need repair? GET A QUOTE TODAY
Okuma GA-34F Spindle Repair
When this Okuma GA-34F spindle arrived at Northland Tool and Electronics the first thing we noted was that the spindle shaft has places where it… [...]
Okuma HF-802 Spindle Repair
This Okuma HF-802 spindle was partially disassembled incoming. The customer provided a replacement shaft and a quill. The customer also stated that the original OEM… [...]
Okuma MX50 HA Spindle Repair
One of our customers was experiencing chatter on the parts manufactured in their Okuma MX50 HA. They could not afford downtime but the parts were becoming unacceptable. They pulled the spindle o [...]
Okuma HK802 Spindle Repair
Our customer sent in this Okuma HK802 spindle due to excessive vibration. Upon disassembling the spindle, we noted that the front bearings had coolant sludge… [...]
Okuma ES-V4020 Spindle Repair
This Okuma ES-V4020 arrived at our facility for a full breakdown and evaluation. Upon assessment, we found that the front bearing cage was broken. It… [...]
In this helpful guide to spindle bearing preload, Northland Tool & Electronics will answer all the basic questions about your spindle bearing preload calculations.Read More