Northland Tool & Electronics can repair all Miyano turning center spindles.
MIYANO SPINDLE REPAIR
With over 40 years of spindle rebuilding experience, the team at Northland Tool & Electronics can rebuild a wide range of spindles with the precision required to do the job right.
We provide all Miyano spindle users with comprehensive information regarding spindle failures and how to extend their spindle’s life in the machine.
Types of Miyano Spindles Repaired
Common Miyano Issues
From coolant contamination to bearing failure to crashes, Northland knows that there are a variety of issues that can affect the performance of your spindle, and we’re prepared to handle them all. Some common issues that Miyano spindles encounter include:
- Bad stator
- Bearing failure
- Bearing housings oversized
- Bearing journals undersized
- Crashed spindle
- Worn tapers
Spindle Repair Process
Quote & Scheduling
Assembly & Delivery
- Upon arrival, we log every spindle into our production tracking software system and any issues associated with transit are noted.
- Our technicians then carefully break down the spindle into its component parts, note their general condition as well as specific damage, and perform a full dimensional inspection to identify excessive wear.
- Our production manager performs a second evaluation, during which he/she will try to identify the cause of failure, consult with the head of our grinding and machining departments, and determine any recommendations for preventative measures.
- Our purchasing department sources all replacement part costs, determines lead times, and generates a quote.
- Our team gives the quote a final check and communicates it to the customer for approval.
- Following the customer’s approval, we schedule production and order any parts needed for the repair.
- We carefully clean all parts of the spindle and complete any necessary grinding or machining operations.
- Our highly trained technicians then assemble all spindle components and perform a rigorous break-in process. This includes dynamic balancing and thermal/vibration analysis.
- After our inspectors perform a final quality control check, our shipping department carefully boxes the spindle and returns it to the customer.
Catastrophic bearing failure was the main cause of this spindle malfunction Continue reading to learn how Northland Tool performed this repair and converted a Weiss GHK 176239 spindle from grease-injected to permanent grease lubrication……Read More
Downtime is inevitable for any machine, but knowing how to reduce downtime or minimize its likelihood is critical.Read More