Northland Tool & Electronics repairs many types of Fischer spindles, including:
FISCHER SPINDLE REPAIR
With over 40 years of spindle rebuilding experience, the team at Northland Tool & Electronics is equipped to support any type of Fischer spindle repair.
Backed by our 1 year warranty, all Fischer spindles are rebuilt and repaired with the same high standards as the OEM in Switzerland. After a comprehensive evaluation process is complete and details of the spindle failure are communicated, our factory trained spindle professionals in our facility will ensure you receive a repair that is customized to your application.
Types of Fischer Spindles Repaired
Common Fischer Issues
From coolant contamination to bearing failure to crashes, Northland knows that there are a variety of issues that can affect the performance of your spindle. We’re prepared to handle them all. Some common issues that Fischer spindles encounter include:
- Bearing failure
- Bad stator
- Worn tapers
- Crash damage
- Rotary union failure
- Fretting housing
- Housings out of ISO
- Journal out of ISO
- Pilot out of ISO
- Crashed spindle
Spindle Repair Process
Quote & Scheduling
Assembly & Delivery
- Upon arrival, we log every spindle into our production tracking software system and any issues associated with transit are noted.
- Our technicians then carefully break down the spindle into its component parts, note their general condition as well as specific damage, and perform a full dimensional inspection to identify excessive wear.
- Our production manager performs a second evaluation, during which he/she will try to identify the cause of failure, consult with the head of our grinding and machining departments, and determine any recommendations for preventative measures.
- Our purchasing department sources all replacement part costs, determines lead times and generates a quote.
- Following customer approval, we schedule production and order the parts needed.
- Our team gives the quote a final check and communicates it to the customer for approval.
- Once we receive the parts, we carefully clean them and complete any necessary grinding or machining operations.
- Our highly trained technicians assemble all spindle components and perform a rigorous break-in process. This may include dynamic balancing and thermal and vibration analysis.
- After our inspectors perform a final quality control check, our shipping department carefully boxes the spindle and returns it to the customer.
1 Year Warranty
Our competitive 1 Year Warranty policy ensures that proper workmanship and parts free of defect are used in the repairing or rebuilding of every spindle. The warranty begins as soon as the repaired spindle is shipped from Northland Tool, and is valid for a period of 12 months thereafter. We will replace any parts that prove to be defective under normal use and correct any improper workmanship at no charge to the customer. Please see our full warranty terms for more details.
In this helpful guide to spindle bearing preload, Northland Tool & Electronics will answer all the basic questions about your spindle bearing preload calculations.Read More