Northland Tool & Electronics repairs many types of DMG spindles, including:
DMG SPINDLE REPAIR
Northland Tool & Electronics has vast experience rebuilding DMG spindles. We have worked closely with several of our customers to extend the length of service that they can expect from their DMG spindle. Improving the contamination prevention systems in the spindle is just one example of how we accomplish this.
We can hold tighter tolerances on bearing and housing journals because we have our own grinding department that specializes in the grinding of spindle parts. With this service it is possible to repair out of spec areas to OEM spec or better. You should not have to pay for a replacement shaft or housing when it can be repaired.
Our DMG repairs are a fraction of the price of the OEM and you will receive kind courteous service that is responsive to your needs.
Types of DMG Spindles Repaired
DMG Common Issues
From coolant contamination to bearing failure to crashes, Northland knows that there are a variety of issues that can affect the performance of your spindle, and we’re prepared to handle them all. Some common issues that DMG spindles encounter include:
- Bad stator
- Bearing failure
- Bearing housing oversized
- Contamination (very common)
- Damage from crash
- Rotary union failure
- Worn tapers
Spindle Repair Process
Quote & Scheduling
Assembly & Delivery
- Upon arrival, we log every spindle into our production tracking software system and any issues associated with transit are noted.
- Our technicians then carefully break down the spindle into its component parts, note their general condition as well as specific damage, and perform a full dimensional inspection to identify excessive wear.
- Our production manager performs a second evaluation, during which he/she will try to identify the cause of failure, consult with the head of our grinding and machining departments, and determine any recommendations for preventative measures.
- Our purchasing department sources all replacement part costs, determines lead times, and generates a quote.
- Our team gives the quote a final check and communicates it to the customer for approval.
- Following the customer’s approval, we schedule production and order any parts needed for the repair.
- We carefully clean all parts of the spindle and complete any necessary grinding or machining operations.
- Our highly trained technicians then assemble all spindle components and perform a rigorous break-in process. This includes dynamic balancing and thermal/vibration analysis.
- After our inspectors perform a final quality control check, our shipping department carefully boxes the spindle and returns it to the customer.
1 Year Warranty
Our competitive 1 Year Warranty policy ensures that proper workmanship and parts free of defect are used in the repairing or rebuilding of every spindle. The warranty begins as soon as the repaired spindle is shipped from Northland Tool, and is valid for a period of 12 months thereafter. We will replace any parts that prove to be defective under normal use and correct any improper workmanship at no charge to the customer. Please see our full warranty terms for more details.
Catastrophic bearing failure was the main cause of this spindle malfunction Continue reading to learn how Northland Tool performed this repair and converted a Weiss GHK 176239 spindle from grease-injected to permanent grease lubrication……Read More
Downtime is inevitable for any machine, but knowing how to reduce downtime or minimize its likelihood is critical.Read More