Northland Tool & Electronics repairs many types of Pope spindles, including:
POPE SPINDLE REPAIR
Pope is one of the most popular surface grinding spindle brands on the market. In addition to grinding spindles, Pope also produces a variety of cartridge spindles, as well as custom models designed for specific uses such as aerospace machining and the medical industry. The Pope brand is recognized for its longevity; most of the models that come through our facility are “workhorses” that have been in use for decades.
Our customization capabilities make Northland Tool an excellent choice for Pope spindle repairs. Pope spindles use a single row roller bearing, which is now unavailable. We can modify both the housing and shaft, and make changes to the front bearing journal to accept a pair of steel ball bearings. Additionally, we’ve been able to significantly increase the RPM of some Pope models to perform above and beyond the OEM specs.
Types of Pope Spindle Repairs
Pope Common Issues
From coolant contamination to bearing failure to crashes, Northland knows that there are a variety of issues that can affect the performance of your spindle, and we’re prepared to handle them all. Some common issues that Pope spindles encounter include:
- Bearing shoulders out of ISO
- Damaged housings/front nuts
- Taper runout
- Worn tapers
Spindle Repair Process
Quoting and Scheduling
Assembly & Delivery
- Upon arrival, we log every spindle into our production tracking software system and any issues associated with transit are noted.
- Our technicians then carefully break down the spindle into its component parts, note their general condition as well as specific damage, and perform a full dimensional inspection to identify excessive wear.
- Our production manager performs a second evaluation, during which he/she will try to identify the cause of failure, consult with the head of our grinding and machining departments, and determine any recommendations for preventative measures.
- Our purchasing department sources all replacement part costs, determines lead times, and generates a quote.
- Our team gives the quote a final check and communicates it to the customer for approval.
- Following the customer’s approval, we schedule production and order any parts needed for the repair.
- We carefully clean all parts of the spindle and complete any necessary grinding or machining operations.
- Our highly trained technicians then assemble all spindle components and perform a rigorous break-in process. This includes dynamic balancing and thermal/vibration analysis.
- After our inspectors perform a final quality control check, our shipping department carefully boxes the spindle and returns it to the customer.
1 Year Warranty
Our competitive 1 Year Warranty policy ensures that proper workmanship and parts free of defect are used in the repairing or rebuilding of every spindle. The warranty begins as soon as the repaired spindle is shipped from Northland Tool, and is valid for a period of 12 months thereafter. We will replace any parts that prove to be defective under normal use and correct any improper workmanship at no charge to the customer. Please see our full warranty terms for more details.