Northland Tool & Electronics repairs many types of Weiss spindles, including:
WEISS SPINDLE REPAIR
Weiss builds spindles with many of the same ideals we adhere to at Northland Tool, including continuous research, high performance, and an unwavering commitment to quality. When we receive a Weiss spindle for repair we know exactly what the scope of work needs to be, since their spindles are built to the same exacting tolerances we use in our repair process.
Northland Tool & Electronics is a BIG-PLUS® authorized spindle rebuilder, which makes us the only independent spindle rebuilder with the authorization, equipment, and experience to fix your BIG-PLUS® Weiss spindle.
With over 40 years of spindle rebuilding experience, the team at Northland Tool & Electronics can rebuild your Weiss spindle with the precision required to do the job right. Grinding work will be performed in our own grinding department, which works closely with our assembly technicians to make sure the dimensional work meets the highest standards possible.
Types of Weiss Spindles Repaired
Weiss Common Issues
From coolant contamination to bearing failure to crashes, Northland knows that there are a variety of issues that can affect the performance of your spindle, and we’re prepared to handle them all. Some common issues that Weiss spindles encounter include:
- Bearing stator
- Bearing failure
- Damage from crash
- Fretting housing
- Housings out of ISO
- Journal out of ISO
- Rotary union failure
- Worn tapers
Spindle Repair Process
Quote & Scheduling
Assembly & Delivery
- Upon arrival, we log every spindle into our production tracking software system and any issues associated with transit are noted.
- Our technicians then carefully break down the spindle into its component parts, note their general condition as well as specific damage, and perform a full dimensional inspection to identify excessive wear.
- Our production manager performs a second evaluation, during which he/she will try to identify the cause of failure, consult with the head of our grinding and machining departments, and determine any recommendations for preventative measures.
- Our purchasing department sources all replacement part costs, determines lead times, and generates a quote.
- Our team gives the quote a final check and communicates it to the customer for approval.
- Following the customer’s approval, we schedule production and order any parts needed for the repair.
- We carefully clean all parts of the spindle and complete any necessary grinding or machining operations.
- Our highly trained technicians then assemble all spindle components and perform a rigorous break-in process. This includes dynamic balancing and thermal/vibration analysis.
- After our inspectors perform a final quality control check, our shipping department carefully boxes the spindle and returns it to the customer.
1 Year Warranty
Our competitive 1 Year Warranty policy ensures that proper workmanship and parts free of defect are used in the repairing or rebuilding of every spindle. The warranty begins as soon as the repaired spindle is shipped from Northland Tool, and is valid for a period of 12 months thereafter. We will replace any parts that prove to be defective under normal use and correct any improper workmanship at no charge to the customer. Please see our full warranty terms for more details.
In this helpful guide to spindle bearing preload, Northland Tool & Electronics will answer all the basic questions about your spindle bearing preload calculations.Read More