Northland Tool & Electronics can repair multiple types of Bridgeport spindles, including:
BRIDGEPORT SPINDLE REPAIR
With over 40 years of spindle rebuilding experience, the team at Northland Tool & Electronics can rebuild a wide range of spindles with the precision required to do the job right.
We work closely with Bridgeport, Hardinge and Robert E. Morris Co. to provide our clients with the most comprehensive independent Bridgeport spindle repair available. We continue to keep lines of communication open with Bridgeport/Hardinge to stay up to date on current Bridgeport spindle designs to understand how we can improve their lifespan.
Your repair will be completed by factory trained spindle professionals in our facility built specifically for the process of spindle repair. Grinding work will be performed in our own grinding department, which works closely with our assembly technicians to make sure the dimensional work is to the highest standard possible.
Northland Tool & Electronics is a BIG-PLUS® authorized spindle rebuilder, which makes us the only independent spindle rebuilder with the authorization, equipment, and experience to fix your BIG-PLUS® Bridgeport spindle.
Types of Bridgeport Spindles Repaired
Common Bridgeport Issues
From coolant contamination to bearing failure to crashes, Northland knows that there are a variety of issues that can affect the performance of your spindle, and we’re prepared to handle them all. Some common issues that Bridgeport spindles encounter include:
- Rear roller failure
- Worn tool change parts, including grippers, Belleville washers, and drawbars
- Worn tapers
- Grease injection failure
- Damage from crash
Spindle Repair Process
Quote & Scheduling
Assembly & Delivery
- Upon arrival, we log every spindle into our production tracking software system. Any issues associated with transit are noted.
- Our technicians carefully break down the spindle into its component parts, note their general condition as well as specific damage and perform a full dimensional inspection to identify excessive wear.
- Our production manager performs a second evaluation, during which he/she will identify the mode of failure, consult with the head of our grinding and machining department and determine recommendations for future preventative measures.
- Our purchasing department sources all replacement part costs, determines lead times and generates a quote.
- Our team gives the quote a final check and communicates it to the customer for approval.
- Following customer approval, we schedule production and order the parts needed.
- Once we receive the parts, we carefully clean them and complete any necessary grinding or machining operations.
- Our highly trained technicians assemble all spindle components and perform a rigorous break-in process. This may include dynamic balancing and thermal and vibration analysis.
- After our inspectors perform a final quality control check, our shipping department carefully boxes the spindle and returns it to the customer.
1 Year Warranty
Our competitive 1 Year Warranty policy ensures that proper workmanship and parts free of defect are used in the repairing or rebuilding of every spindle. The warranty begins as soon as the repaired spindle is shipped from Northland Tool, and is valid for a period of 12 months thereafter. We will replace any parts that prove to be defective under normal use and correct any improper workmanship at no charge to the customer. Please see our full warranty terms for more details.
In this helpful guide to spindle bearing preload, Northland Tool & Electronics will answer all the basic questions about your spindle bearing preload calculations.Read More