Northland Tool & Electronics repairs many types of Matsuura spindles, including:
MATSUURA SPINDLE REPAIR
Matsuura Machinery has been designing and building metal-cutting machines since 1935. Like other major Japanese machine manufacturers, Matsuura began producing numerically controlled machining centers by the mid-1960s. Today, many Matsuura machines offer optional high-speed spindles and, in some cases, the option to use BIG-PLUS® dual contact tooling.
Northland Tool & Electronics has extensive experience rebuilding a wide variety of spindles found in Matsuura horizontal and vertical machining centers, including 5-axis models. We are skilled in handling the particular challenges associated with the rebuild of the higher speed spindles, and we were one of the first independent spindle rebuilding facilities to achieve factory authorization to rebuild BIG-PLUS® spindles.
If you are currently using or intend to take advantage of the BIG-PLUS® functionality of your spindle, you must be sure that your rebuilder has the equipment and expertise required to properly rebuild these spindles to OEM specifications. With over 40 years of spindle rebuilding experience, the team at Northland Tool & Electronics can rebuild a wide range of spindles with the precision required to do the job right.
Types of Matsuura Spindles Repaired
Common Matsuura Issues
From coolant contamination to bearing failure to crashes, Northland knows that there are a variety of issues that can affect the performance of your spindle, and we’re prepared to handle them all. Some common issues that Matsuura spindles encounter include:
- Bearing failure from contamination or high-speed crashes
- Fretting and other wear of housings and bearing journals
- Rotary union failure
- Worn or damaged tapers
Spindle Repair Process
Quote & Scheduling
Assembly & Delivery
- Upon arrival, we log every spindle into our production tracking software system and any issues associated with transit are noted.
- Our technicians then carefully break down the spindle into its component parts, note their general condition as well as specific damage, and perform a full dimensional inspection to identify excessive wear.
- Our production manager performs a second evaluation, during which he/she will try to identify the cause of failure, consult with the head of our grinding and machining departments, and determine any recommendations for preventative measures.
- Our purchasing department sources all replacement part costs, determines lead times, and generates a quote.
- Our team gives the quote a final check and communicates it to the customer for approval.
- Following the customer’s approval, we schedule production and order any parts needed for the repair.
- We carefully clean all parts of the spindle and complete any necessary grinding or machining operations.
- Our highly trained technicians then assemble all spindle components and perform a rigorous break-in process. This includes dynamic balancing and thermal/vibration analysis.
- After our inspectors perform a final quality control check, our shipping department carefully boxes the spindle and returns it to the customer.
1 Year Warranty
Our competitive 1 Year Warranty policy ensures that proper workmanship and parts free of defect are used in the repairing or rebuilding of every spindle. The warranty begins as soon as the repaired spindle is shipped from Northland Tool, and is valid for a period of 12 months thereafter. We will replace any parts that prove to be defective under normal use and correct any improper workmanship at no charge to the customer. Please see our full warranty terms for more details.
In this helpful guide to spindle bearing preload, Northland Tool & Electronics will answer all the basic questions about your spindle bearing preload calculations.Read More