Northland Tool & Electronics repairs many types of Mori Seiki spindles, including:
MORI SEIKI SPINDLE REPAIR
With over 40 years of spindle rebuilding experience, the team at Northland Tool & Electronics can rebuild a wide range of spindles with the precision required to do the job right.
Mori Seiki has been a mainstay in the machine tool world since 1948. Their products are known for their quality and reliability, and their spindles are built for longevity. Mori Seiki invests heavily in updating their spindle designs and provides its customers with one of the best machine tool spindles on the market today.
Northland Tool & Electronics is also a BIG-PLUS® authorized spindle rebuilder. That makes us the only independent spindle rebuilder with the authorization, equipment and experience to fix your BIG-PLUS® Mori Seiki spindle.
Types of Mori Seiki Spindles Repaired
Common Mori Seiki Issues
From coolant contamination to bearing failure to crashes, Northland knows that there are a variety of issues that can affect the performance of your spindle, and we’re prepared to handle them all.
Some common issues that Mori Seiki spindles encounter include:
- Crashed spindles
- Damaged ceramic tapers
- Damaged drive dogs
- Electrical issues
A note about this brand: Mori Seiki spindles are very well-built by the OEM and usually last for extended periods of time, but they do wear out from long-term use. Some Mori Seiki spindles are made with specialty bearings that are designed to allow better lubrication flow to the raceways. Many independent spindle rebuilders modify the lubrication delivery system to allow them to use cheaper bearings, but at Northland Tool & Electronics, we only use bearings that have the same design and quality characteristics as the OEM originals.
Spindle Repair Process
Quote & Scheduling
Assembly & Delivery
- Upon arrival, we log every spindle into our production tracking software system. Any issues associated with transit are noted.
- Our technicians carefully break down the spindle into its component parts, note their general condition as well as specific damage and perform a full dimensional inspection to identify excessive wear.
- Our production manager performs a second evaluation, during which he/she will identify the mode of failure, consult with the head of our grinding and machining department and determine recommendations for future preventative measures.
- Our purchasing department sources all replacement part costs, determines lead times and generates a quote.
- Our team gives the quote a final check and communicates it to the customer for approval.
- Following customer approval, we schedule production and order the parts needed.
- Once we receive the parts, we carefully clean them and complete any necessary grinding or machining operations.
- Our highly trained technicians assemble all spindle components and perform a rigorous break-in process. This may include dynamic balancing and thermal and vibration analysis.
- After our inspectors perform a final quality control check, our shipping department carefully boxes the spindle and returns it to the customer.
1 Year Warranty
Our competitive 1 Year Warranty policy ensures that proper workmanship and parts free of defect are used in the repairing or rebuilding of every spindle. The warranty begins as soon as the repaired spindle is shipped from Northland Tool, and is valid for a period of 12 months thereafter. We will replace any parts that prove to be defective under normal use and correct any improper workmanship at no charge to the customer. Please see our full warranty terms for more details.
Running this spindle too long caused deformed ball bearings and damage to the outer race Damage to the outer race is consistent with prolonged operation after spindle exhibited initial signs of needing to be rebuilt Every spindle rebuilt by North…Read More